About Chicago Water Bonds
The City of Chicago operates a municipal water system that provides supply, treatment, and distribution of water to customers in the City and 125 suburban communities, covering 806 square miles and a population of 5.3 million.
Water Bonds may be used for:
- Capital improvements to and extensions of the water system including:
- Enhancement to the two purification plants
- Installing new and replacing old grid mains
- Installing and replacing meters
- Upgrading various pumping stations